As promised, here’s the sweet potato fries recipe. My husband hates sweet potatoes, but inhales these because they have a bit of a kick to them, but you can eliminate some of the spice and make them more palatable for yourself or others. My son likes these, but I’ll only add sea salt to his.
Sweet Potato Fries (servings 4-6)
- 2-3 Large Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt (I use Pink Himalayan Sea Salt)
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Cayenne Pepper
- Wash & peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut into wedges (how skinny you make them is up to you, but we like them thinner) (Easiest method is to cut the potato in 1/2 and then those halves in 1/2 so they lay flat)
- Soak the potato wedges in water for approx. 1 hour
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Drain the potatoes well and coat in a light layer of oil then sprinkle in spices (I never measure, I pour which may explain why things are always on the spicier side! Oops!)
- Mix the potatoes with the oil and spices so the spices coat the potatoes
- Lay the potatoes flat (make sure they’re spread far enough apart because if they’re too close together they won’t cook evenly) on approx. 2 cookie sheets that either have parchment paper or oiled with coconut oil
- Cook for approx. 10-15 minutes then turn and cook another 10-15 min.
- Oven times may vary depending on your preference on how crunchy or soft you like your fries.