I know this isn’t a “snack food” but it could be… If you’re a lover of chocolate & peanut butter like we are in this house, then this sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free recipe is for you! The twins and DrH LOVE this recipe and inhale these like there’s no tomorrow.
**Please note, this is NOT my recipe, but I can’t remember where I found it (printed it out with no website info on it)**
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 Packed Cup – almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. – baking powder
- 1/2 Cup – smooth or crunch peanut butter (I use natural with no added sugar)
- 1/2 Cup – Stevia
- 1 tsp. – natural vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. – salt (use 1/2 tsp if using unsalted peanut butter)
- 2 Tbsp. – room temperature butter (I use Earth Balance, but can use goats butter, ghee, shortening or coconut oil)
- 1/2 Cup – 1 Cup (depends on how chocolately you like your cookies) – Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks or Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a large cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper
- In a bowl combine all ingredients (except for chocolate). Use either a stand mixer, food processor or by hand. Mix until all the dough comes together. Stir in chocolate chips/chunks.
- Equally divide dough and roll each piece in your hands into round/flat patties (I usually make mine small, bite size).
- Place on a baking sheet and gently press down with a fork to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Place into oven & bake approx. 15-16 minutes, might need less if you make them small.
- Remove from oven & allow the cookies to cool for at least an hour (I usually place mine in the fridge) because they’ll otherwise crumble!