So, as promised on my FB Page, I’d post the recipe to an amazing dinner I made last night. The Hubby has been complaining lately that I’ve neglected all cooking (hey, we’ve moved, renovated & I’m now working), so I wanted to prove him wrong and make a fabulous new meal, plus being on my 7-Day Clean-Eating Challenge has given me new inspiration!
The recipe is from PaleOMG’s cookbook OMG that’s Paleo?
It was AMAZING with just the right amount of heat. I also paired it with some cauliflower rice (my own made up recipe).
- 1.5-2 lbs chicken breasts (or whatever suits your fancy)
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk **Note: I didn’t have any & only had Unsweetened Almond Milk**
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste **Note: Didn’t have tom. paste, so I added 3 TBSP of Tomato Sauce instead**
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 4-6 tablespoons curry powder **Note: I used 2 different curries & 3 TBSP each**
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1 cubes (i used yellow and red)
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of red pepper flakes *Added 2 dashes for more heat**
- Grab out your crock pot!! Wooooo crock pot time!
- Add in the coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and whisk together.
- Add in peppers and onions.
- Next, add in chicken and pour broth over the chicken.
- Mix all ingredients together to completely cover the chicken in the curry mixture.
- Cover and cook at low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Then eat it in a cute Tupperware bowl. Or plate….be that way.
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 2-3 Green onions
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Dash of red pepper flakes for heat
- Grab out your food processor, and throw the cauliflower in and mix it until it’s kind of fluffy and soft (if you don’t have one, that’s fine just chop the cauliflower into small tiny pieces).
- Add in the coconut oil into the pan, heat up & add the green onions
- Once the green onions are slightly sautéed, add the cauliflower and salt/pepper/red pepper flakes.
- Sautee until warm and cauliflower is softened.